Detroit, MI 48226
Victor J. Torres is a highly experienced litigator and a passionate advocate of his clients’ interests. He has over 22 years of experience successfully representing international, national, and local businesses ranging in size from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses.
Mr. Torres core practice is in the area of commercial litigation, including construction, real estate, contract, employment, and land use matters. He also has extensive experience in other civil litigation and business transactions.
He is fluent in Spanish.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Latin American Bar Section
COURT ADMISSIONS AND RELATED INFORMATION
- Michigan State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Appointed Special Assistant Attorney General for State of Michigan
- Nominated to U.S. Commission on Civil Rights Michigan State Advisory Committee
- Shafer v McLeod v Sova, 1996 WL 33347810 (Mich App)
- Pinto v General Motors Corporation, 1999 WL 33327151 (Mich App)
- Onyx Waste Services, Inc. v Mogan, 203 F Supp 2d 777 (ED Mich 2002)
- Fodale v Waste Management of Michigan, Inc., 271 Mich App 11; 718 NW2d 827 (2006)
- St. Clair Medical, P.C. v Borgiel, 270 Mich App 260; 750 NW2d 914 (2006)
- General Motors Company v Heraud (In Re Heraud), 410 BR 569 (US Bankr ED Mich 2009)
- General Motors LLC v Comerica Bank, 2010 WL 5174515 (Mich App)